Thursday 12 April 2012

Naughty Lipstick and Lavender Liner

Day to day, my make-up routine is pretty simple. After using Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion from Clinique I quickly dab on my foundation (Clarins Extra Firming Foundation in Nude), brush over a dash of powder (Smashbox Halo in Medium), and sweep on some mascara (Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express in Black). My powder is too dark so I have to be very careful with the quantity on the brush, and I had to downgrade from Dior mascara, but overall I am very happy with my basic products. Sometimes, on nights when I'm working or if I'm looking tired, I add Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat to brighten up my eyes. And if my skin is acting up, as it tends to do, I use a little bit of Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector on the offending areas.


However, while those products prove very reliable, my favourite products are the more exciting ones: lipsticks, eyeshadows, and eyeliners. At the moment, I am in love with the Naughty Sauté cremesheen lipstick from MAC. What can I say: I'm a sucker for a bright pink lipstick! I debuted it recently with a cream Topshop dress which has a little collar and tiny polka dots, and the vibrance of the lipstick was the perfect choice to balance out the relative primness of the dress. As you can see in the picture below, it is very bright, with a shiny, sparkly sheen.



My favourite eyeliner and eyeshadow right now is from an Lancome range from Summer 2011 I think: the pencil is a soft lavender which I think is perfect for spring, and the eyeshadows are in a quad called Cold Harmony. I've always loved purple shades for my hazel eyes, and I fell in love with this palette instantly, with its three varying shades of purple and the addition of the gold shimmer. I think there was a silver version too, but it was the gold one that caught my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments most welcome, please and thank you