Thursday 5 April 2012

Cheap and Cheerful: Shower Time

Due to a downturn in finances, the products in my bathroom (and indeed in my make-up bag, although I draw the line at changing my foundation!) have changed: I can no longer splurge on expensive shower gels or conditioners. However, I have found that I love the products I use now just as much as their more expensive cousins. For example, I now I use Original Source shower gels: Mint and Tea Tree wakes me up like nothing else, and I cannot get enough of Vanilla Milk and Raspberry. I'm also looking forward to the next seasonal edition: British Strawberry. Yum!

I also enjoy using my Herbal Essences conditioner which smell fruity and tropical: not surprising with its fusion of Hawaiian coconut and orchid flower. As I have to use a medicated shampoo (which luckily smells just fine), it's nice to use a really good smelling conditioner, and this one definitely does the trick.


Other favourite shower time essentials come from The Body Shop: my holy trinity is:

Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask
Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

The cleanser is the only one I've found that truly keeps my skin calm and wipes away all traces of the day; the cleansing mask is perfect on my chin which tends to get greasy: it tightens up the skin and removes deep seated imperfections without drying out the skin; and the body scrub is incredible: I used it to exfoliate my legs and bikini area, and it really visibly improves the skin if used regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments most welcome, please and thank you