Friday 29 June 2012

What's In My Bag

I was inspired to photograph the contents of my bag when I read this post on the wonderful Everything Pretty blog. I've always been fascinated by what other people keep in their bags (Marie Claire USA does those wonderful peeks into celebrity handbags on the last page), and so I thought I'd share with you the things that I am carrying around in mine at the moment.


Above are the items which are usually in my bag: phones (Irish and UK), glasses, Filofax, camera, purse, perfume (Love, ChloƩ), pen, nail file, keys, and a little black bag filled with some other essentials.



My Filofax is always ridiculously full: as you can see above, it is filled with scraps of paper, postcards, addresses, stamps, perfume samples...anything papery that I find, really!


And here are the contents of my little black 'bag inside my bag': cherry Carmex, pink and red lip stains, a little compact mirror which belonged to my grandmother (it once contained something from Yardley), my favourite chewing gum (I like the peppermint one too) which I am never without, another pen, some tablets (painkillers, allergy tablets and travel sickness pills, plus a lemsip sachet just in case!), two little Miffy highlighter pens, and a little 'Free Hugs' purse which contains the selection of hair bands and clips you can see. 


And at the moment, all of that fits (just about!) into my trusty Warehouse bag.

18 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Happy that you were inspired - I love seeing what people carry around too. It gives me ideas... and, I LOVE cherry carmex. Good call!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous bag! And you keep the same things that I do...I have so many papers bundled into mine, and love to carry a couple types of lip stain.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha "anything paper-y!" Good description. ;)

    It's fun peeking into other people's purses like this. It's interesting how you've got two phones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh nice bag, and I like the free hugs lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I switch bags so often that I never accumulate as much stuff. LOL. But thanks for sharing!

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww the free hugs baggy is sooooo cute!!! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is great :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this posts! i think i might do one too!
    can't wait to see you on my blog again!
    www.faashiongeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea!

    Amy

    www.LeopardandLillies.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute purse and blog! Just started following you through blog lovin:)
    http://southerngloss.blogspot.com

    -Kelsi

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do NOT want to know what's in my bag, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. there never seems to be enough room!!!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i always get a kick out of these because my bag is such a hodge podge of mess and junk and trash hahaha

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute:)!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goodshitk/videos

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always interesting to see what people keep hidden away in their bags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've done this one too !! Nice post :)

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love seeing inside other people's bags!
    I think I may have drawn the contents of my bag at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete

Comments most welcome, please and thank you