Saturday 9 June 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake (and a Broken Computer!)


First of all I just want to say that my computer is a little bit sick at the moment, so if I haven't replied to a comment, or commented on your blog recently, that's why. Hopefully it will be better very soon as I am really missing being able to look at everyone else's blogs!

Anyway, I thought I would share this delicious strawberry cheesecake recipe which I made recently for my boyfriend's birthday. My dad gave me the recipe: he makes the best lemon cheesecake ever, and I adapted it to strawberry instead.

Strawberry Cheesecake

Base

8 oz Digestive biscuits
3 oz butter or margarine
1 oz brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup

Crush the biscuits into crumbs. I did it by hand, which was pretty time consuming: my dad recommends putting the biscuits into a freezer bag and crushing with a rolling pin. Melt the other ingredients together in a saucepan large enough to pour the crumbs into. When everything is melted together, add the crumbs. Stir until well mixed and smooth into a greased dish.

Digestive crumbs
Butter, golden syrup and brown sugar
The base

Filling

8 oz plain cottage cheese
1 packet strawberry jelly
4 oz double cream (I used extra thick)
Fresh strawberries, chopped (I used a carton)

Melt the jelly in 4 oz of boiling water and allow to cool slightly. Mix liquid jelly, cottage cheese, double cream and half of the strawberries together in a liquidizer. (I don't own a liquidizer, so I used a whisk. However, the cottage cheese didn't mix properly so I had to strain it out. It still worked out right though). Mix at max speed for 30 seconds. Stir in the remaining strawberries, then pour gently over the base. Put in fridge to set.

Chopped strawberries
Jelly, plus a rogue strawberry!
The mixture, plus strawberries, ready to pour over the base
Ready to pop in the fridge overnight

11 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy! I'm doing a topshop giveaway on my blog, I'd love if you checked it out :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really yummy! xxx

    http://dancing-in-high-heels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks amazing and it's so easy to make! I am totally going to try this! Thanks Doll!


    xx
    holly foxen wells
    www.ThreeLayerCake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi louisa hope ur computer is fixed soon its awful when they break. i adore cheesecake thanks for the recipe i must try it. hope ur keeping well kisses from dublin xx leonie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh my fav cake..delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like you blog dear!
    Keep posting, you do it great! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks oh so good, I am going to have to bookmark this for further reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, this looks so delicious!! strawberries... i think i can even smell them, haha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like your blog :)

    And the cake looks great. Jummm!

    Xx
    http://brightandbrunette.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about what happened to your computer, Louisa. I hope it's fixed now. It's okay to fix your computer all by yourself as long as you know how to. If not, then visiting the nearest computer repair shop would be the best idea or else, things might get worse. Those are mouthwatering recipes, by the way. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benita's right. Actually, you can fix your computer all by yourself if you follow the instructions in the internet. Just make sure it's from a reliable source okay? :)

      Delete

Comments most welcome, please and thank you